FINANCIAL RISK MANAGEMENT (FRM® Exam Preparation Program) Level I
DESCRIPTION & OBJECTIVE
Banks, Corporations, funds, Governments, and other institutions rely on risk management professionals such as treasurers, risk analysts, and portfolio managers to make decisions which can determine the fate of the organization and its investors in periods of distress in the financial markets.
In an increasingly complex and interdependent world of financial markets and products, only those organizations which are able to effectively manage and control their risks will have the ability to succeed. This course overview has been designed as an intensive preparation for the GARP Financial Risk Manager Certification Exam and follows strictly along the lines of the 2011 FRM® Level 1& 2 Curriculum. It covers a wide range of areas, including financial instruments and their valuation; market, credit & operational risk; as well as legal aspects and regulatory requirements.
Although designed as a preparation for the 2011 FRM® Level 1&2 exam, the course is also suited for people interested in extending their knowledge to the wide field of modern risk management techniques. The 2011 FRM® exam preparation program is also a comprehensive the course..
FINANCIAL RISK MANAGER CERTIFICATION BY GARP
- The world’s only globally recognized program for Financial Risk Managers
- The FRM® certificate program identifies risk professionals who are qualified to provide competent advice based on globally accepted industry standards and who are committed personal professional development.
- Since its inception in 1997, 10,685 practitioners from 4,500 companies have passed the examination, held each November at locations around the world.
- 10,800+ holders worldwide
- Historical pass rate is 51.01% in The World
- Registration has increased by an average of 23% annually since 2001
- Now, the FRM® is the benchmark companies use to determine whether an employee conforms to the highest industry standards and is well versed in broad and detailed risk management concepts and techniques.
- The Global Association of Risk Professionals (GARP) is a not-for-profit association of financial risk managers founded in 1996.
- GARP serves its members by encouraging and enhancing communication between risk professionals, practitioners, academics and regulators worldwide.
- GARP’s more than 60,000 members represent over 5,000 different companies around the world including; banks, securities firms, asset management firms, insurers, academic institutions, government regulatory agencies, and non-financial corporations.
BENEFITS OF BEING FRM CERTIFIED
- Recognized as an expert in financial risk management
- Expands career opportunities
- Provides objective demonstration of competency in financial risk management
- Enhances salary leverage
- Supply Shortage of FRM holder in local market
WHAT DOES THE FRM EXAM COVER
- Foundations of risk management
- Quantitative analysis
- Financial markets and products
- Valuation and risk models